The love of music and music making has driven us to continue to create quality, easy of use, legendary products:
The love of music and music making has
driven us to continue to create quality, easy to use, legendary products:
Encore, Music Time Deluxe and
Master Tracks Pro. We have built the business based on these great
titles, and remain competitive in price, support, accessibility and
product excellence. We have learned a lot from the past and are looking
toward the future with positive plans, hope, and new relationships
is still here and better than ever! It is known as the "easy-to-use" notation
software. We have rebuilt a more robust Encore for the most complex
of users while remaining simple enough for the novice musician to
operate. The printed score is still the easiest to read and now includes
a handwritten jazz font.
MusicTime Deluxe has never been easier to
use with a solid selection of features for those who do not need
all of the features of Encore.
It is a very handy piece of software for scores of less than 16 staves
and for lead sheets.
MasterTracks Pro is hands down, the easiest to
use MIDI sequencer on the market today. It’s so easy to use
that it is included in publications for elementary school children
yet it’s powerful
enough to sequence all MIDI instruments and effects for entire productions
with Swiss clock precision.
Customer Support Always Available
Many of you use our products as a critical part of your livelihood, we have published our telephone numbers, direct email addresses, have a complete knowledgebase of solutions online. We welcome your calls and emails. Our online technical support staff works with you through the Salesforce.com web-based system implemented by Lucille Wurtz. In addition, our knowledgeable staff includes music educators and music professionals.
If you are a music educator, we thank you for the confidence you have given us. We know we can to make your job easier and support you as you continue to share the joy of music with a new generation.
If you are a musician, regardless of expertise, we will continue to provide software that will grow with you and complement whatever music you create.
We want to build a strong and vital business for now and years from now. We know that the foundation to that is your continued dedication and support.
- PO Box 7401
- Princeton, NJ 08543
Where We've Been and What We Did
- For over
twenty-five years Passport Design’s legendary products, Encore, Music
Time Deluxe and Master Tracks Pro have been known as the easiest-to-use
Notation and Sequencing Software.
- GVOX Guitar interface and educational
software have won awards and the core technology we developed is
- In 1992, Lyrrus Inc., dba Gvox, invented the Gvox guitar
system. This system was revolutionary as it provided a way for
to transcribe directly from their instrument to the computer. We
also created learning software to accompany, “Riffs” and “Chords”.
1995, Fender Musical Instruments endorsed the Gvox Guitar system
and began to distribute. Fender even made special screws for mounting
the Gvox system that were standard on all Fender guitars.
- In 1998, Gvox bought Passport Inc and had to update the entire
line of Passport software.
- In 2000, Gvox invested heavily in taking these great products onto
the Internet. In so doing, we gained the support of many top companies
- In 2001, as the financial markets continued to
erode combined with the tragic events of that year, we suffered
as so many companies
did. By the end of 2001, our web site went down and we no longer
had the financing to keep the business going. We needed to reorganize our finances.
- In May 2002, we reopened
and released updates for our
Passport products. We discontinued the
system and related products.
- As of March 2003, our customer support system was vastly improved and our knowledgebase was made available.
- In July of 2005, Gvox hired a new CEO with a genuine passion for the music industry.
- By October of 2005, our sales had increased 40% over the previous
- In January of 2006, we released our first update in two years,
Encore 4.5.6 for Mac and Music Time Deluxe 3.5.6 for Mac.
- In July
of 2006, we released MasterTracks Pro 6.8.4 for windows, a major
- January 2007, Gvox returns to the NAMM trade show.
- January 2008, we released Encore 5 for Mac.
- February2009, we released Encore 5 for Windows.
- September 2010, we discontinued MasterTracks Pro for Mac.
- April 2012, we satisfied all of our creditors from our 2001 reorganization despite a world wide recession.
- May 2012, we relocated to Princeton, NJ.